- Product features
- Keep two people warm at sporting events; excellent winter emergency blanket to keep on hand in all types of vehicles
- Soft, durable, 100% poly-fleece, and eight (8) built-in Warmer pockets strategically placed for critical heat distribution
- Sizes: One Size – 4′ x 6′
- Colors: Black, Blue
- Include eight (8) HeatPax Body Warmers (5540) that provide up to 20 hours of steady warmth to help defend against the bitter cold
- How to use:
- Open the HeatPax Warmer wrappers
- Insert the Warmers in (our) garment pockets, or your footwear
- Wait 10 minutes for the Warmers to heat up fully
- Enjoy comfortable 57 degrees C warmth for hours, or:
- Reseal for later use
- How it works
Heat Pax warmers are made up of a combination of iron, activated carbon, cellulose, vermiculite, water and salt. These ingredients are wrapped in a container that keeps any oxygen from interacting with the ingredients inside the warmer.
Heat Pax warmers generate heat through a chemical reaction when these ingredients are combined with air. When the warmer is unwrapped, oxygen is allowed to mingle with the ingredients inside the warmer. When the oxygen hits the iron in the warmer, it causes the iron to oxidize. The chemical reaction releases energy in the form of heat, the salt acts as a catalyst, the carbon works as a dispersant agent and the vermiculite works to insulate the warmer and prevent the heat from escaping too quickly.
- Key benefits
- Can be used to combat the cold across a wide range of occupational and recreational activities.
- Natural, heat generating ingredients stored in soft, flexible inserts.
- Warmers deliver a comfortable, 57 degrees C heat for hours.
- Heating can be suspended at any time by resealing the inserts in an airtight container or plastic bag.
- Cost-effective protection from the cold.