- Provides a constant 14ºC cooling effect
- Cooling effect lasts for up to 3 hours
- V-neck w/ zipper closure
- Hook and loop girth and shoulder adjustments
- 100% cotton vest, w/ thermal liner
- One set of four Cool Pax™ inserts is included with each vest and one cooler bag
- Deploy extra Cool Pax™ to achieve continuous cooling
- Total Weight (including 6665 Cool Pax™): 6 lbs/2.7 kgs
- Insert Compatibility: 6665, 6665V, 7065Same features as the 6626, vest/carrier is made from 100% cotton INDURA™/ or Banwear
- Color: Navy Blue (Indura), Blue (Nomex)
- Sizes: M/L (100-175lbs), L/XL (175-250 lbs), XXL (250-300 lbs), Custom
TechKewl™ Fire Resistant Cooling Vest
The industrial safety vest, provides 2 – 3 hours of cooling comfort and heat stress prevention. The vest comes with a set of 4 removable CoolPax which release regulated and safe 14ºC cooling relief. This technology helps to reduce heat induced fatigue, increase mental alertness, reaction time and comfort.
CoolPax are lightweight, durable and reusable; they can be recharged in ice water, no electricity required! They are non-toxic, non-flammable, 30% lighter than water and are segmented to conform comfortably to your body. Suitable for industrial and mechanical activities.
TechKewl™ – Phase Change Cooling
TechKewl Phase Change Cooling inserts are activated in ice water or the freezer. They will re-charge in any environment where the temperature is below 14°C.Simply place them in ice water or the freezer for 45 mins to ensure that they are solid all the way through. Please note that Phase Change Material solidifies from the outside in, so they may look solid after 15 mins but need the full 45 mins to be solid all the way through.
- For optimal cooling the product should be a snug fit:
- Thermal Imaging
The thermal images below show a person working next to a furnace (working environment is 80ºC).
When not wearing a cooling vest the workers would work 1 hr shifts with 30 minute breaks.
Wearing a TechKewl Cooling Vest the workers were able to work 3 hr shifts, with a 15 min break. Overall the workers felt far more comfortable, and were able to be more productive.