Beat the heat with Phase Change Cooling Apparel
- Phase Change Material (PCM) releases long-lasting, temperature-specific 14ºC cooling relief,
- Provides cooling comfort and heat stress protection in high temperature environments.
How to use our Phase Change Cooling Apparel
- Submerge PCM inserts and place in a freezer until solid or in ice water for up to 45 minutes.
- Return inserts to garment pockets.
- Wear; repeat steps as needed (or use additional inserts for continuous relief).
TechKewl Phase Change Cooling inserts are activated in ice water or the freezer. They will re-charge in any environment where the temperature is below 58°F (14°C). Simply place them in ice water or the freezer for 45 mins to ensure that they are solid all the way through. Please note that Phase Change Material solidifies from the outside in, so they may look solid after 15 mins but need the full 45 mins to be solid all the way through.
- How it works
TechNiche International’s TechKewl phase change cooling products are designed to provide targeted temperature cooling using advanced Phase Change Cooling Materials. These materials are activated by exposing them to any condition below their Phase Change Temperature (14ºC). This means that CoolPax can be activated in freezers, fridges, ice water or any other situation where the temperature is below 14°C. This unique feature means that with the use of ice in a cooler, users can re-activate inserts by simply placing them in a cooler full of ice … no need for electricity. Compared to water, these Phase Change Materials freeze faster, stay frozen longer and are lighter in weight.
Our phase changes cooling materials (PCM) utilizes high purity alkane materials to achieve targeted temperature cooling. Our PCM’s are non-toxic, non-flammable and non-combustible. In our advanced manufacturing procedures, these PCM’s are sealed inside high strength polyurethane to ensure they do not leak.
These durable CoolPax inserts are deployed in a variety of shapes and sizes to ensure personal comfort and achieve maximal cooling results. This personal cooling technology can be deployed in a variety of occupational, recreational and competitive settings.
Product Benefits of Phase Change Cooling Apparel
- Phase change cooling vests are commonly used under military combat gear, hazardous materials suits, mascot costumes, and other apparel.
- Provide cooling comfort and heat stress protection in high temperature environments.
- Phase Change Material (PCM) releases long-lasting, temperature-specific 14ºC cooling relief.
- Phase Change Material (PCM) is 30% lighter than water.
- PCM is non-toxic, non-flammable, durable, reusable, lighter than water, and does not produce condensation.
Thermal Imaging of our Phase Change Cooling Vests
The thermal images below show a person working next to a furnace (working environment is 80ºC).
When not wearing a cooling vest the workers would work 1 hr shifts with 30 minute breaks.
Wearing a TechKewl Phase Change Cooling Vest the workers were able to work 3 hr shifts, with a 15 min break. Overall the workers felt far more comfortable, and were able to be more productive.
To download the full case study, click on the following link.